Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Can my baby fly?

Yes, this is the question bugging me these days. As Christmas is nearing, time is getting closer that we have to fly to UK. Its not a long flight; only one hour and Ebrahiem is 7 months old today so in a way, he is less vulnerable to the germs, ascending and descending flight problem. Today I found out some useful tips for babies who have to fly at this age.


  • Babies can fly very young
  • It is important that they do not touch the surface, their hands should be covered with mittens and feet with socks. 
  • It is important to have their pacifier during ascending and descending or they are being nursed or bottle fed. 
  • Having a plan for diaper changing.
  • Wearing a baby wrap or babycarrier. 
  • Wear easy cloths both mama and baby (things you do not need to take off during the security checks)
I know its gonna be tough especially the commercial flights which are full more than the capacity and traveling alone with the baby who can cry any moment. I will have my personal tips to sooth my baby like music, video, toys, favorite food etc. Fingers crossed. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I had so many apprehensions but thanks God it went so well. The problem however was, Ebrahiem had fever which turned really high because the check-in queue was too long and we were standing there for one hour, he had diarrhea, and really bad diaper-rash. After check in, I took him to the baby changing, measured his temperature, it was too high. Changed his diaper and saw bleeding from his rashes. My heart melted. The airport personnel suggested me to go back home but going back home would take at least 3 hours while Edinburgh was only 1 hour away. It was the time when I figured out that I was running too late to catch the flight. I was running to the passport control and then to the security. During security, my mobile rang and Ebrahiem started to dance on the ringtone. I got a relief. During the whole flight, he kept enjoying, kept bothering the couple sitting beside us and kept dropping things. It was difficult for me but not as difficult as it could be if he had felt the pressure. But no, he was happiest than ever. So, you cannot anticipate things. Sometimes, the things look difficult turn out to be a lot easier :)

    ReplyDelete